Monday, March 16, 2009

The Kissing Disease

Sorry it's been extremely long since I've updated this bad boy, but I have been extremely sick. So sick all I can do with this laptop is watch reruns of friends and try and read the 3rd Twilight book. Basically I am back to being a thirteen year old girl. 

After being brought to the emergency room last night, I was diagnosed with good old mono. I unfortunately didn't get it from kissing anyone, my best friend has it and I am sure this is how it happened. I am not going to go into the details, that's for my body and I to figure out, but to sum up mono in word (and I've only known the diagnosis for 24 hours) it would be horrific. I guess I am lucky going 20 years without getting it. I made it through high school, sharing water bottles with everyone on  the J.V girls basketball team. I made it through my first year of college sharing water bottles filled with concoctions of who knows what to bring out to parties (to maintain our wasted status). Oh, don't judge, we've all done it and if you haven't, well you haven't lived. It's a right of passage in college, walking down the stairs to a Frat party with your Poland Springs bottle in hand. The funny thing is, as a freshman in college I thought it was cool, now I try and hide it. 

So I am out for at least six weeks, this means no: exercise, sharing toothbrushes, kissing, and drinking. Ok now its not like I go around using my buddies' toothbrush and lets admit it how often am I really going to the gym? Kissing, it will be missed. Drinking, that's what took a beating on my soul. How am I supposed to be in college and ahem, blog about it if I can't attend the Frat parties? That's right, strict doctor's orders, "there will be no partying." I have a feeling I am going to get in trouble with this post later, so much for cleaning up my digital dirt. 

So wish me luck! I promise I want keep you updated on how I am feeling everyday, I got myself in this mess and you all don't need to suffer along with me! Have a good night and be careful who your sharing saliva with! 

xxx peace

No comments:

Post a Comment