Monday, March 9, 2009

It's Snowing in Boston, NO!

Well instead of writing an essay, I am blogging, Clearly my priorities are way off or not? 

Well I thought this was really funny. I was in my dorm with my roommate. Ok let me describe my rooming situation here first, before you make judgments and picture me in this room with bunk beds  in a room about the size of a closet that is not the case. I live in a suite with a full sized kitchen, two room bathroom, a living room and a huge room a share with the coolest roommate!
Anyways, we were sitting her watching T.V and we got a knock at our door. These two boys were there (I think they belonged to a fraternity). They were promoting this week long event called "Do It In The Dark." Its a contest against dorms to conserve the most energy throughout the week. Well I thought it was hilarious because when the came in to our room we had our T.V on, every light in the suite was on (including our room which we weren't in), our stove light was on, my computer was plugged in (that I wasn't using), our bathroom light was on and we realized our sink was dripping water. They probably looked in and realized there wasn't any hope for this dorm. We probably are using at least eighty percent of our dorms electricity, very sad. The thing is for the past year, I've been trying to "go green". Well I think after tonight I was just set back thirty steps. 

This weekend I had coffee with a friend I haven't seen in about three years! First I couldn't believe how much time had passed. It was crazy to think that so much had happened in my life that she didn't know about and so much I didn't know about her. We picked up right where we left off. It was like neither of us had changed. Even three years of not seeing each other it was like we were fifteen years old and back at camp painting each others toenails. It just proved to me that good and healthy friendships can last through anything. I was under the impression that friendships could only progress if you saw each other and talked to each other everyday. So much for that theory. It's scary growing up, but being able to discover things like old friendships makes it worth it. 

I hope your all in better weather then I am. If anyone wants to experience snow, hit a sister up. 

xx peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment